Audio Typing Test
- The action or skill of writing something by means of a typewriter or computer
- Writing produced in such a way
- writing done with a typewriter
- Typing is the process of inputting text into a device, such as a typewriter, cell phone, computer, or a calculator, by pressing keys on a keyboard. It can be distinguished from other means of input, such as the use of pointing devices like the computer mouse, and text input via speech recognition.
- (Typed (programming languages)) In computer science, a type system may be defined as a tractable syntactic framework for classifying phrases according to the kinds of values they compute. A type system associates types with each computed value.
- the audible part of a transmitted signal; “they always raise the audio for commercials”
- Sound, esp. when recorded, transmitted, or reproduced
- an audible acoustic wave frequency
- sound recording: a recording of acoustic signals
- A short written or spoken examination of a person’s proficiency or knowledge
- any standardized procedure for measuring sensitivity or memory or intelligence or aptitude or personality etc; “the test was standardized on a large sample of students”
- A procedure intended to establish the quality, performance, or reliability of something, esp. before it is taken into widespread use
- put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; “This approach has been tried with good results”; “Test this recipe”
- An event or situation that reveals the strength or quality of someone or something by putting them under strain
- trial: trying something to find out about it; “a sample for ten days free trial”; “a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain”
audio typing test – Mavis Beacon
Maximize your productivity with Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Deluxe 20 . Whether you want to learn essential keyboarding skills or improve overall typing efficiency–success is at your fingertips! This comprehensive instructional system combines detailed assessments, dynamic personal instruction and skill-building games to guarantee typing improvements in just 2 weeks!
In addition to Mavis Beacon’s personal typing instruction, detailed progress reports assist in identifying strengths and weaknesses.
Includes 12 entertaining typing games.
Arcade-style games like “Penguin Crossing” enrich the learning experience.
In addition to Mavis Beacon’s personal typing instruction, detailed progress reports assist in identifying strengths and weaknesses. Powerful learning tools along with this detailed reporting will help typists learn and excel at their own pace. Hard work is rewarded with “recess time” and certificates of completion. Cool tools such as “import your own MP3 files” and fun arcade-style games enrich the learning experience.
Redesigned with advanced technology and updated with even more features–Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Deluxe 20 offers typists of all skill levels and ages a brand new typing experience with greater benefits and increased efficiency!
330 Personalized lessons, exercises and tests
12 Entertaining typing games
Detailed tracking and progress reporting
Learn to type with bilingual instruction (English & Spanish)
New content types: type jokes, riddles, recipes, song lyrics and more!
Choose from new music options or import your own MP3 files and type to your own tunes
New Certificates of Completion
Hybrid–Works with Microsoft Vista & Mac OSX Universal certified
Learn with Mavis Beacon and get results quicker than any other typing program–guaranteed!
Chrome Test two
18 tabs running (counting the about memory tab) including streaming video and audio content. Many pages are average, low image types but there is a variety.
Task Manager shows 19 instances of chrome, running 286mb and hogging my machine.
About:memory shows it using 226MB private memory with a total at 281MB. Virtual memory is listed at 309MB private and only 55MB mapped
That said… yes they opened fast, but then I was experiencing lag.
→→ Similarly, opening the same tabs in Firefox3 uses 128mb according to Task Manager, though with the mem leak issue I’m sure that’d just increase as It stays open or tabs are opened/closed. They opened a bit slower but I didn’t have lag after the same point as I did with Chrome.
Maybe Chrome is the wave of the future…. for dual core machines? Vista, no XP?
→→ IE8 beta – 9 tabs, mainly microsoft’s own sites and streaming services, opens 9 instances in TM. The MB count is much higher – 30mb for the smallest and 65 for the highest with a total of around 392mb! AND it crashed twice to pull them up.
The bass is smooth (not over-driven and distorted bass sound) and the sound is clear. The amazing thing is Bose created a small audio filter to get rid of any outgoing noise from MP3 player.
This earphones is not a in-ear canal type, so as to protect your ears. Might not be comfortable for first time users.
My favourite tracks to play with this earphones:
1. Damien Rice – Cannon Ball
2. Michael Buble – Home
3. Eric Claton – Change The World
4. Enigma – Return To Innocence
5. Michael Jackson – Who Is It
audio typing test
Typing Quick & Easy 17.0
The Fastest Way to Improve Your Typing Skills!
Typing Quick & Easy is the ultimate typing teacher! By combining effective instructional techniques with easy-to-use menus, you’ll learn touch-typing quickly and easily. Typing Quick & Easy also adds fun and challenging exercises to the learning process with timed tests, eight exciting typing games, and interesting articles for transcription practice.
Easy, Fast & Fun
Built-in Typing Plans
Over 50 comprehensive lessons
A wide variety of test material
Timed & non-timed tests
Instant feedback on WPM & accuracy
Progress reports by key, finger, hand & row
Over 250 practice articles
Eight, high-quality typing games
Over 50 music soundtracks
Beginner, Learned Keys & Advanced levels
Analyze the results of your typing exercises by specific keystrokes.
Award-Winning Typing Techniques
Typing Quick & Easy tailors the learning experience to your needs. Whether you’re new to typing or you just need to sharpen your skills, Typing Quick & Easy has the right lesson for you.
Learn to Touch-Type
Quickly learn the correct finger-to-key positioning and begin typing without looking at the keys.
Includes positioning for standard keyboards, split keyboards & the 10-key numeric keypad.
Proven touch-typing teaching methods incorporate double key-stroking, instant feedback & a step-by-step educational design.
Watch your WPM increase as you type & use music to develop your typing rhythm.
Increase Speed & Accuracy
Build speed and accuracy through typing tests of varying length and difficulty. Tests are designed not only to evaluate your new skills, but also to help you improve skills in specific areas.
Build your speed with timed typing tests & your stamina with non-timed tests & lessons.
Choose from a variety of tests including random words, complete sentences & other specially designed tests.
Assess your level of advancement using tests such as the Expert Touch Typist Test.
Create personalized lessons & tests using your own material.
Effective Results & Feedback
After each typing lesson, test, and article transcription, you receive immediate feedback on your speed (WPM) and accuracy percentage. Each result is saved for further review.
View or print results to pinpoint strong & weak areas.
Examine all or a portion of your saved results to determine speed & accuracy trends.
Assess specific keystroke data by hand, finger, row & key.
Evaluate your progress & pinpoint areas for improvement.
Games Enhance the Learning Experience
Eight exciting typing games challenge you to improve your typing skills.
Flotsam Fighter II
Erik the Viking
Interesting Articles Keep You Practicing
Magazines offer a variety of articles & short stories.
With over 250 interesting articles to choose from, there is something for everyone.
You can even personalize & organize your own articles.